I am an experienced and charismatic organ teacher and I provide a personalised and collaborative approach for each individual student.
My students range from beginners to successful diploma-level players, many of whom have gone on to enjoy successful professional careers. You can read more about my experience here.
To aspiring organists I can offer the following:
- a friendly and encouraging manner in all aspects of the learning process
- a ‘conversion course’ for pianists
- a quick and easy method of playing the pedals accurately
- development of technical skill and stylistic understanding
- preparation for exams at all levels from ABRSM grades to diplomas
- tuition in hymn playing, accompanying and other church music skills
I have also developed a range of successful strategies to improve confidence in keyboard skills, tailoring them to the needs of the individual student. I can guarantee to improve your performance in the following:
- score reading
- figured bass realisation
First half-hour free and without obligation. Thereafter my teaching fees are reasonable and negotiable, in line with rates recommended by the Incorporated Society of Musicians.
Please contact me for further information and we can have a chat about your aspirations and requirements.